Current Activities in Petion-Ville
With the support UMD MIS faculty and students, CEN is currently creating a Community Needs & Resources Inventory for the Municipality of Petion-Ville (in collaboration with the Mayor’s office & local leaders)
The Needs & Resources Inventory, an online searchable database, will educate donors about priorities and facilitate direct fundraising around the world, as well as facilitating information sharing, and network building. It will also be useful to local and international organizations providing/seeking financial and technical resources, volunteer work, donations, local expertise, etc.
Phase I (in progress): We have identified three pilot communities where we have already started collecting data and supporting photos and videos - Pernier, Bellevue Lamontage and Phipplippeau which is featured below. The online inventory will include:
1) Name of Localities
2) Number of inhabitants / Blocks
3) Number of Streams
4) Waste Management system
5) Churches Number/Denomination
6) Education: # of schools, private or free
7) Health: Health center, hospital, doctors office
9) Economic activities: industries, coop, ext.
10) Source of Electricity: Govt agency, Private, Solar, Kerosene lamp ect..
11) Public institutions
12) Leisure: soccer, basketball field ect..
13) Tourist attractions exploitable
14) Level of deforestation
16) # of local NGOs & sectors
17) Local govt agencies
18) List of national and international NGss in Haiti
19) List of organizations created by Haitian living abroad to support local projects.